November 26, 2019
The holidays are here and it’s about to get reallllll crazy out here in these retail streets! Instead of going into the ACTUAL streets to do your shopping (because who does that any more?), we’ve got a dope alternative that benefits not only you and your family, but the culture as well.
This holiday shopping season, join us in supporting the #buyblack initiative by keeping those Black dollars circulating within our own community.
Because if we don’t support each other, who will?
Here are 5 ways to be the gift that keeps on giving to a Black-owned business this holiday:
- Shop with Purpose.And we’ve got the perfect place for you to do this –right here with the aspireMKTPLC. It’s a new type of Black market with 50+ vendors that range from Kids, Fashion, Beauty + Beards, Eats and more!
- Bank Black. There are many Black-owned in financial institutions across the country where you can Bank Black. Check out how you invest your coins and find a Black-owned bank close to you.
- Find Your Tribe.Need a babysitter, someone to watch after your pets, or even a caregiver for an elderly family member? What better way to support Black businesses than by finding those within the market that provide such services.
- Social Media. When you’re buying Black, be sure to show love to the businesses on social media to your friends, family, and followers. All businesses appreciate a good review and recommendations to others.
- Look for Local Services.Buying Black doesn’t always equal retail. For instance, according to the U.S. Census Bureau,20% of Black-owned businesses are in the maintenance and repair industry. So the next time you need to have your whip serviced, see if there’s a Black-owned towing company in your area to service your vehicle.